Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Day 2: Faith in Action

Today we went to Faith in Action in the Mission and worked on calling people on behalf of rent relief in San Francisco. We called about rent relief because of the problems of rent debt in San Francisco after the pandemic. We were each given a list of names to call and we all individually called people asking them if they would like to attend tomorrow's meeting with the supervisors. For lunch we went to a Taqueria and a Pupuseria that were located across the street. After lunch we went back to our location and finished up our calls.

It was very exciting to call people on behalf of Faith in Action. I had never done any service like it before and I really enjoyed it. I was nervous at first but once I got the hang of it, I found it very interesting and exciting. It was interesting to see how people reacted to our phone calls and if they could come to the meeting or not. Overall I thought it was a great experience and it was nothing like anything I've ever done before.
—Callie

No comments:

Post a Comment