Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Day 13 Walter

After a late night of reflection we awoke for our drive to Nairobi. We got into our safari vehicles and started our journey. Exiting Masai Mara was an incredible start to the end of our trip. We were lucky enough to see another cheetah, fighting antelopes, and a leopard. After exiting the park we took a rest stop at a a souvenir shop. We were all excited when we were informed of the opportunity to bargain with the salesmen. We practiced our haggling skills for a few hours and then hit the road once more. My safari van entertained ourselves with hours of cards and enjoying the scenery around us. Finally when we arrived at the airport, we checked our bags and passed through security. Our day ended with a meal by our gate and stepping onto our flight to Paris.

Returning to San Francisco marks the end of both our Mission trip, and my time as a youth grouper. As I am writing this reflection on the plane ride home I am praying that our time together doesn't end. I hope the people I have bonded with in the past two weeks, and all those I have bonded with in the past 5 years will stay as lifelong friends. I have so much love and gratitude for the people and experiences I have had in the last 5 years, and I am so grateful I was able to experience Kenya as my final trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment