Friday, June 30, 2017

"Lizzy did you eat Shifty's cup?"

This morning I did something very hard, which is sleeping through the breakfast prep group waking up. But then I kept sleeping and kinda had to run to breakfast. At c3 today Mack joined me and Michael, while Lizzy and Riley were painting houses. I got yet another hairdo from Nautica (so far May, Makayla, Skylar have also done it). Makayla also did my nails (but got angry later when I took off the polish). I also talked to Tudda for a while and learned he wants to be a corn farmer when he grows up. Then I ran the court with Juice for a little while and showed these Tennessee boys how to play basketball. After I had gotten sufficiently hot and sweaty for the day at 11 am I came back in. Around noon we ate lunch and went to the field for capture the flag and ultimate frisbee. My team won the first round and after an unreasonably long time without anyone getting another flag the game ended (bear in mind it's 85 degrees and people really enjoy guarding the flag very close). Then we moved on to ultimate frisbee where Mike (who is widely known as Old School now) taught and then schooled us (It's funny because he's a teacher). When we came back we played cards and then went to dinner at the Baptist church just down the street. It was amazing, the food was great and the pastor and his family were so nice. After that we came home and our group had a great Church Group discussion and went to the Double-Quick. When we got back, we heard music and walked in to a fully raging dance party in the main hall, which of course we immediately joined. After having a great time bonding with the others through dancing and party music, we finally went to sleep. In excited for the community kick ball game and continuing talking to and bonding with the Marvell kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment