Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Day 9-Walter

Hello everyone this is Walter Hansen writing our final blog from the New Orleans mission trip. The day started with some donuts and time to pack up for the plane. We made a plan for the day and headed out to the City Park. There I took a ride on the train and then hopped on a roller coaster. After this adventure we set back out to the World War Two Museum. There we enjoyed a 4D movie experience. I learned about the Air Force and battles with Japan. After this we headed out to Waffle House. After this event we drove to the airport, returned our vans, and got on the plane. A couple hours later here I am sitting on a plane over Nevada writing a blog. I am waiting to see my parents, and say goodbye to my old and newly made friends. 


My thoughts about today are mainly shaped from the events of yesterday. When I first went into the chapel last night I was expecting small compliments and a non-meaningful event. It turned into a demonstration of how incredible this community is. When it was time to to talk about Mr. Stafford almost no one could hold back tears. This emotion showed me that I have friends who care so much about me. This emotional wonderful event brought me much closer to the people around me. It made this entire trip so much more meaningful.

 Here Endeth The Blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment